Tuesday 20 December 2011

Digipak Summary

I have decided to analysis these two digipak’s to give me an idea of the codes and conventions I should use for my own. I firstly analysed the digipak of Chris Brown’s album `F.A.M.E`. I did this to see the usual codes and conventions of an R&B album as that is the genre of my song. However after looking at other R&B albums such as Usher’s `My Way` it showed that Chris Browns digipak does not conform to the R&B genre. Due to the largely edited front cover this digipak conforms more to the Hip/Hop genre. This showed me that especially in recent years these two genres of music have become far more related. This helped me understand both the new and the old codes and conventions for the R&B genre. I also analysed Katy Perry’s `Teenage Dream` digipak. I did this to explore the codes and conventions of other genres of music. I did this to see if I could incorporate different genres into my digipak and to also make sure that I did not mistakenly design a digipak that does not fit the codes and conventions of my genre.      

No comments:

Post a Comment